Monday 16 December 2013

(NEWS) 'I Told My Husband To Have Séx With Other Women'' -- Wife Reveals


A woman has described how going through the ménopause killed her séx life - because intercourse became so painful. 


Elaine Feeley, 58, says she felt so guilty that she and her husband Keef hadn't had séx in four years that she told him to sleep with someone else. 

Despite the couple always enjoying an active séx life, she says everything changed when she went through the ménopause. She said: 'We've been together for 20 years and used to have a great séx life. When I first slept with Keef I'd never had an orgasm like it before. 

'I used to say "I feel this good I could die this minute" - it couldn't feel better. It was like that for a long time. 
'But after the ménopause séx was, at first, uncomfortable.
'Then one night I just had the most horrendous pain, as if I'd been stabbed. I pushed my husband off, saying "stop, go away - I can't enjoy séx any more". 

'My desire hasn't gone, but I'm fearful of the pain I want my séx life back. I've had 40 years of orgasms and now I've been robbed of them.' 
The couple share their story in a new documentary on More 4 called The Week The Women Came, which reveals that one in three women have séxual difficulties that rob them of ability to orgasm. 

Because they no longer had séx, intimacy between Elaine and Keef, 61, had plummeted to an all-time low - and she confesses in the programme they are more like brother and sister. 

She adds: 'We always swore we'd never have separate beds - but that's not what happens. 
'We love each other dearly but the spiritual connection has vanished, that secret spark in the eye that you share. 

'I'd like to get that sparkle back and not tears.' 
In the programme Elaine meets Trudy Hannigan, a psychoséxual therapist who regularly treats people with séx and relationship problems at her clinic in Yorkshire. Trudy explains: 'Séx seems like a luxury, so if it goes wrong, it's the last thing that gets fixed. It's not considered important enough, but when something goes wrong it can be devastating for self-esteem and confidence.' 

Elaine is found to be suffering from vaginal atrophy, or dryness, which is very common after the ménopause. 
Here, the vagina shrinks and dries out, the cervix lowers and some women experience a chafing, carpet-burn feeling during séx. Despite being offered oestrogen cream to restore the balance of the hormone that drops after the ménopause, Elaine didn't want to pursue the HRT route.

Although she and Keef tried numerous other lubricants, nothing helped. 
Over time, Elaine backed away from Keef, fearing any intimacy would be leading him on - and she wouldn't be able to satisfy him. 'If he got aroused I felt guilty, like I was teasing him. I know he is still a virile, active man and I told him to go out and have séx with someone else. 

She adds: 'But really, I know he wouldn't - his view is unselfish - he wants to give me pleasure.' 
Trudy's mission is to help inject some intimacy back into the couple's relationship. Now, they must kiss each other hello and goodbye, have date nights, give each other 10-minute massages and write notes to each other. 

Two months later, after slow and steady progress, Elaine and Keef have made it back to familiar ground for the first time in four years. 
While Elaine no longer feels she can have penetrative séx, she and Keef have found other ways of keeping each other satisfied. 

Elaine tells the camera that Keef has given her multiple orgasms that morning and they have 'big smiles' on their faces. 
She adds: 'Instead of thinking about my old séx like, I'm going to focus on my new one. I love this man.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment